Sunday, September 27, 2020

Caቤ

i've been quite pleased with how I've been able to start using my drawing tablet and fire alpaca and actually creating with it. 

the challenge of learning how to do real art seems so daunting. I think the key is to do your own thing. learn from others but do what you want to do. 

using my tablet was doubly daunting. not only can I not draw and paint, but using the tablet makes drawing and painting even harder. 

I think what enabled me to break through that barrier and start actually creating with my tablet and the software is to think more about what I can do rather than about what I can't....to be honest, I don't even necessarily want to do what I see some of the art youtubers doing. Their work is good and I want to learn from them, but I don't want to do the same things as they do. 

when you focus on what you can do it makes it a lot easier. I may not be able to draw a character or an animal, but I can draw a line, I can draw a shape, I can select a pen, pencil or brush and then select a colour and then apply that colour - maybe to fill in the shape. as I draw on the tablet and see the results on the screen, my sense of being able to control the stylus and get it to do what I want, grows. and there are different tools to explore that have different effects. I think fire alpaca is one of the simpler art softwares - that's why I started with it. I'm planning to build up to using Krita as well, and then maybe Clip Studio Paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment