Saturday, February 20, 2021

bad behaviour

I think cognitive behaviour therapy works so well because it's a way of systematically challenging our thinking, which is always so driven by our emotions and beliefs, with rationality ///

i've always thought that that was the really useful and worthwhile part - the cognitive part || not so much the behavioural part. the behavioural part is probably good and valid as well...it's just that it's a different thing. 

I've learnt about the power and benefits of changing my behaviour in other contexts, but what I take from CBT is mainly about challenging irrational thoughts. 

I really like dialectical behaviour therapy, but I think it's mainly because I like the idea of dialectics - that all progress and meaning is an expression of the tension between opposing forces

No comments:

Post a Comment