Tuesday, February 9, 2021

әйберләр

I was watching an interview of Grimes. besides the fact that I like some of her music, I really like her ideas about creativity. I like how she uses software to do a lot of stuff with both music and visual art. 

In the interview she talks about all of her albums - the names, content, the art. she tends to do a lot herself...like, she produces the music and does the album art and plays different instruments, as well as using software to create the music. 

she refers to literature and classical music and art when she talks about her albums

anyway, with visual art she talks about using photoshop, and she also talks about how wacom gave her a drawing tablet and it enabled her to produce better album art for her 2015 album...and then a bit later she talks about how she got a desktop computer and that helped with her creative process. 

then, at one point, she talks about when you're working in photoshop or manga studio or premier....

what inspired me about all of it is that I have a wacom tablet and I have manga studio (now known as clip studio paint). 

it made me want to start using them again, but I don't know where to start. actually I did start...I plugged my wacom back into my laptop and I opened clip studio paint for the first time in ages, and there was an update which I downloaded, but I haven't gone any further in using them because I've kind of gone down a different path lately with art

for a while I was working on my skills, and I will probably do that again at some stage, so I can actually make good art and I can use clip studio paint.  lately I've fallen into a pattern of making images (I hesitate to call it art) in a way that is totally easy for me....I could just do it all the time. I make images that include a lot of writing - writing over writing in all different directions - and lines and colours and shapes. i've always been interested in writing as visual art as well as the way that writing can interact with images. so, I make these images in my sketchbook, then I take pictures with my phone - pictures of all different parts of the image and from different angles, then edit and post it to instagram. 

i like the way that i've just kind of fallen into doing this. 

if I get into digital art again, I'll probably post it to pixiv, deviantart and pinterest rather than instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment