Monday, June 17, 2024

circle

When I feel the build up of pressure, the sense of falling into a hole that is depression, I catastrophize, and life seems like a nightmare with no comfort and joy. But I've learnt a lot in the last couple of years about reframing. 

I've learnt to see and say that what feels like it's breaking me and dragging me down, is the opposite. It's good. The pressure is good. Even on a small scale that is the case. Like when I wake up and I'm already stressed and I hardly even feel coherent and my fear about my unhinged state contributes to my unhinged state, I learnt to tell myself, this is not what it feels like. I've learnt to change my mind like that, so that it breaks the cycle of fear. I see the turmoil in my mind as a kind of renovation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment