Sunday, July 26, 2020

and

I didn't realise how much I do it until someone told me it was wrong - starting sentences with the word 'and'. Once I was told that I shouldn't do it, I suddenly became aware of how much I do it, and I had to really think about how not to do it. 

even though I didn't realise how much I did it, I have a sense of why. it's a certain impulse I have - an inclination...things like starting sentences with 'and' or 'but' really appeal to me. it started when I was at school....the inclination I mean, probably not the practice. If I had done that in essays I wrote for school, I probably would have been told the same thing I was told more recently - that it's wrong.

it's interesting to me that I didn't realise how much I do it, but now that I've been made aware of it, I know why, even though it's kind of hard to explain. After it was pointed out, I was very conscious - mainly in my communications with the person who pointed it out - of doing it and I would figure out how to reword what I wanted to write. 

lately I've become even more interested in trasngressing the rules - not capitalising at the start of sentences, using things like / and | and other symbols as punctuation, not using normal punctuation....at some stage I'd like to try writing really fast so that I make typos and then  leaving the typos as part of the expression

No comments:

Post a Comment