Monday, July 11, 2022

figuring it out

I've learnt a lot this year. This year has made sense of so many other years in my life. I've had conversations with so many different people and I've drawn on key conversations to construct the story of a new life. 

It's like Frankenstein's monster. I used the different parts - the words that various people spoke to me - and I put them together myself in a way that enabled me to survive - to live. 

No one person explained things to me, but different people shared words and ideas that really spoke to me and gave me pieces to put in the puzzle I was building. The puzzle didn't exist though. It wasn't like a jigsaw puzzle which is meant to be put together and all the pieces have their place. It was something new and that I had to figure out as I went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment