Thursday, December 24, 2020

ಸೃಜನಶೀಲ

I cut my hair. 

with covid and everything it's been months and months since I got a hair cut, so it got pretty long and unkempt. then, as things eased up recently with restrictions, I had been meaning to go and get my hair cut. but then, now, there's a bit of uncertainty about what's happening in Sydney and whether we'll need to have further restrictions....so there's that, but also....I'm not that motivated to go out and get my hair cut. It's like one of many chores/ errands that I need to get around to and keep putting off. Going to the local shopping centre is no longer a routine thing for me....that's been one of the effects of covid. 

and then I had one of those moments that I sometimes have where I think - I'm just gona cut it myself, because I want to get it done and I'm sick of it the way it is. So I did the main cutting with scissors, and then, coincidentally, the clippers I had ordered from Amazon arrived today so I neatened up with them. 

being able to cut my own hair like this is one of the advantages of my hair thinning out as I get older. 

another thing that arrived today is a new pencil sharpener that I bought. I have a few different sets of coloured pencils, and I discovered recently that the sharperner I've been using doesn't fit my derwent pencils - they're too big. (I'm really not sure why I've never had this problem before) so I bought this quite expensive sharpener with a big and a little hole. and I've been getting back in the mood lately to do some art....I've got an idea of something I want to do...the only thing is that I'm not sure if I can do it with pencils and pens. i feel like I would need to use paint....or maybe some kind of markers? or maybe what I have in mind would be best achieved digitally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment