Thursday, February 2, 2023

ਸਿੱ lernîиz ගෙ

I've started doing courses on Udemy, and it's really great. In the past I've always learnt about coding and development from YouTube, and that was pretty good, but Udemy is better, because a planned out course is a bit better than a YouTube series. On YouTube you learn about different technologies separately but Udemy courses combine everything into single courses. They do also have courses about individual technologies.

An example of a course that covers a range of different technologies is the one I've started off with: 'The complete 2023 web development bootcamp' which is taught by Angela Yu. And notice: the title of the course has 2023 in it, so it's very current, which isn't always the case on YouTube. One of the things I love about Udemy courses is the same thing I love about YouTube tutorials. It's completely flexible. It's all video content and I just watch whenever I want for however long I want. Of course, I don't just watch the videos. I do the projects and exercises.  

It's also incredibly good value. The subscription is a couple of hundred dollars a year, but for that I have access to more than 5,000 courses, taught by the very best presenters you will find anywhere. Actually a lot of the people who make YouTube tutorials have more in-depth courses on Udemy. The one course that I'm doing about web development normally costs $18,000 for 12 weeks, so I'm getting that, but in a format that I much prefer, for a tiny fraction of the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment