Wednesday, February 1, 2023

ളąćवाIөN

I always tended to think of recovery as a return to the way things were, but more and more I'm starting to think that that's kind of regressive. Recovery is not about going back to some ideal state, it's about going forward into a better life. 

Instead of longing for the day when I can feel comfortable again, I'm getting used to the idea of continuing to work on things - continuing to struggle. It's that work that makes my new life a reality. 

Over time, a new default is being established. It's like what they say about how, if you keep going outside your comfort zone, you move the boundaries of your comfort zone. You become comfortable with what previously would have made you uncomfortable, and that's what it means to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment