Thursday, March 2, 2023

broken dream

I haven't slept well for at least the last year. I get up at 5 am, but I nearly always wake up before that. Sometimes I'm able to go back to sleep, but even then it's not a restful sleep. 

I don't know if the stress I feel as soon as I wake up is carried over from sleep or the return of the stress I feel during the day, but in those moments when I'm not fully awake, it seems endless. 

This morning was very different. I woke up at 4 and I was able to go back to sleep and, instead of being a stressful, troubled sleep, I had a dream or a thought, that I am on a long, hard journey, but I'm getting somewhere - I'm healing, changing, growing...it's not just indefinite suffering that I'm stuck in, that goes on and on, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment