Friday, June 23, 2023

fragile

It's reassuring to realize that the world I'm moving into, which still seems so strange and threatening, is the real world. I'm leaving the world that I am familiar with, and that is very unsettling, but that's just part of the picture. 

Right now, that seems like nearly the whole picture and I only get momentary glimpses of the new. But I know that the new is much better than the old, and what feel like expeditions into a hostile and treacherous terrain followed by retreats to the world I know, are actually journeys of discovery to a better home. 

That new place seems like sandcastles I build on the waters edge that then get washed away by the waves. It doesn't seem lasting. My rumination and fear and depression and anxiety seem permanent. But the opposite is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment