Wednesday, December 6, 2023

masterwork

First I heard of Ren was when I watched a reaction video to a video that Ren made when he was quite young and he was in the depths of his illness and feeling hopeless. So, after that, I thought I would listen to his music, and I watched 'Hi Ren'. 

I wasn't expecting much. I'd never heard of Ren, and the impression I got from the reaction video I had watched was that music was like a secondary thing....Ren was more interesting because of what he had to say and his experience. 

Then, the video starts with him just playing an acoustic/ classical guitar. It's not very 'produced'. And then there was this astonishing performance which is decidedly unlike anything I have ever heard before and as good as anything I have ever heard. It was breathtaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment