Saturday, December 9, 2023

strange creations

I engage with God's word. I speak my word to God and listen. I run my body. I put nutrients into my body. I mix things together and apply heat and spices, then something different emerges. 

When I make art, I'm no longer conscious of the mechanism of it - the way that I'm moving the stylus over my wacom intuos drawing tablet, and how, because of the narrowness of my desk, my tablet sits to the right - and quite far to the right - of my keyboard. I'm aware of my mind creating the art....I have ideas and I bring them into being. 

One of the things that made me realize this was that I got a wacom ONE - a creative pen display. You plug it into your computer and then you work on the screen of the tablet itself. With the intuos, you draw on the tablet and then you see what you draw on the monitor. It takes a bit of getting used to. 

So, I connected my wacom ONE to my computer and I had it on my other desk and I'm sitting in front of it. There are so many ways in which I don't know how to use this but one of the main ones is that it's in front of me, and I'm so used to drawing to the side, that I couldn't get my hand to work. So, I packed it away, just like I did with my intuos when I first got it and found that I couldn't use it. After about a year, I got it out and just forced myself to use it. Maybe that will happen with my ONE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment