People were pretty critical and mocking of the segment on CNN where the presenter interviewed an actual AI actor/ person, through a screen. It's easy to make a joke of it or say it's 'cringe' but there's a more serious critique to be made about AI replacing people and replacing thinking. Just with education, I can't think of any good use for AI. Every use of it seems to be about cutting corners and avoiding the challenge of thinking and learning.
At the same time, I'm pretty impressed with what AI can do. It's really useful for some research tasks and also, it's really good for clarifying legal, financial, tax, business issues. I think the best approach to take is to use it for tasks that you could do yourself but that would be laborious and time-consuming but never use it to think for you. Don't ask it to analyze, summarize or reword.
No comments:
Post a Comment