I remember not that long ago pushing to reduce to .25 of a 2 mg tablet per day. It seemed impossible, but I did it one night, which showed me it was possible, and from there I just kept doing it more and more until it was the norm. So, most weeks for the last couple of months, my weekly dose has been 1.75 x 2 mg, which is .25 (1 quarter) each day/ night.
From there, you can only really go to zero because it's not practical to break the tablets into smaller portions than a quarter. But as has often been the case in my journey with Valium, there's a psychological barrier here. The thought of taking no Valium at all at night before I sleep is daunting - never mind that I'm only taking half a mg most nights now anyway, which would have seemed impossible not that long ago, and the effects of half a mg are negligible.
Something that helps is that, once I got down to around 2 x 2 mg a week, my sleep dramatically improved, and sleep has been one of the major issues with me for a long time. So, after I take my other meds in the evening, I usually feel pretty sleepy, but I've been taking a quarter of a tablet of Valium anyway. It probably has no effect, actually. Even if I take a whole 2 mg tablet, which I haven't done in a while but I did at times earlier this year and before that, I don't feel much, if any, difference.
I was going to continue on .25 a night for a while longer and maybe have a go at reducing to 0 some nights in late October or November, but last night I just felt ready and didn't take the quarter tablet, and I slept as normal for me. So, with the beginning of September, I crossed that line. Now it's the new norm. The end.

No comments:
Post a Comment