Sunday, November 13, 2022

centered

The apostle Paul wrote that 'when I am weak, then I am strong.' (2 Corinthians 12:10) He understood that trusting in our own strength and intelligence makes us spiritually weak and stupid. 

Weakness leads us to be dependent on God, if we choose to be, and there is no greater strength than the strength that comes from God. 

It's easy to talk about that in theory, but when you're actually beset by weakness, that's a different matter. It's hard to believe that God is with you. 

Weakness has changed my whole outlook. I have to stop thinking about all the situations I'm not actually in, and stop dwelling on the reality that I can't handle simple everyday things. It forced me to slow down. It forced me to look at what's actually happening instead of listening to the stories in my head. 

It's leading me to really dig deep in my relationship with God. I want to be transformed by the renewing of my mind, as it says in Romans 12:2. When I read the Bible and write my insights and pray, I want to really spend time with God. I want that, and not rumination, to be at the center of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment