Tuesday, October 17, 2023

art || design

I've started working on doing more design type work and not just art. I want to combine both. The design approach is mainly for me to work on my redbubble designs, but I like the idea of being more creative and combining design with art. 

I've been using affinity designer, and when I first started I was watching tutorials about using affinity designer for print on demand, but I quickly lost interest in that. I don't think that works - doing designs like someone tells you to do them. 

So now I'm watching tutorials that are more about using affinity designer in general. Once I've learnt a few things, I will start working on my own and I won't watch tutorials any more. That's how I learnt how to do digital art and developed the skills I have with that - just using the software to make art as best I know how. Every now and then I would watch a tutorial about how to do a specific thing, but generally what I want to do is make art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment