Friday, October 27, 2023

this body

I remember when I made my very first digital artwork, or at least I remember the first one I was able to post to Instagram. As of today, I've made around 900 digital artworks. 

It's only been a couple of years since that first one [later edit: I looked up the date I posted it and it was March 6, 2021]. I remember how lost I was at first. I bought my wacom intuos drawing tablet because I really wanted to do digital art, and then I tried to use it and it was so demoralizing, because I can't do normal art as it is, and then to do art on a drawing tablet is harder. 

So, I actually packed it away and gave up. It stayed like that for maybe a year and then - in 2021 I think - I thought, I want to use this damned thing. I don't know what it was that drove me. It was a desire to create, and it was also a sense of abandoning all the standards and requirements.....a resolve to do art in my own way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment