Saturday, November 11, 2023

designs

I watched a documentary about Banksie and it was fascinating. I've also been watching videos about successful photographers who take photos in ways that you would normally think are not that good - blurred, hastily shot with cheap cameras. I like that idea of art. Basquiat used to work on numerous paintings at once and do a bit on one then a bit on another, and so on.

All of this inspires my own art. I've been experimenting with different brushes and tools (digital ones I mean) and working very fast with a sense of adventure, enjoyment and experiment. 

Another thing that inspired me in the Banksie video was an idea that he had called 'pictures on walls' which was about working in his particular way but instead of doing it on the street, doing it on canvas. 

I love the idea of roughness and mass production but with brilliant design and art elements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment