Thursday, November 9, 2023

outward bound

My thinking has made walls in my mind as unyielding as the walls in my house. In fact, they're more like chains that deprive me of freedom. 

These chains and walls can be breached. It doesn't happen by attacking them directly. It's like, you can't actually combat rumination and worry with positive thinking, and you can't combat anxiety by trying to reason your way out of it. 

It's more of a growth process. I keep doing my daily goals every day, regardless of how I feel and regardless of how doing them affects me or makes a difference, and then, as I do stuff - as I go about my day and do things I want to do, I become aware that I feel freer and stronger. All of these constraints and restrictions are losing their grip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment