Tuesday, November 14, 2023

purpose in pain

Depression is like being cold and you can never warm up. It's always with you. 

You don't get to have a break or rest. 

My view of depression has changed though. The big difference between depression this time and what I went through years ago is a sense of purpose. I didn't understand the purpose before. 

Alcohol nearly killed me. That's not hyperbole. But I made it, by the grace of God and by my faith, and with some excellent advice and medical help. I'm grateful that it got so bad. There was a reason. When I stopped drinking I started a new life. Again, that's not hyperbole or some kind of metaphor. 

Detoxing from alcohol and tapering off valium has been hell and death, but then rebirth. It all has a purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment